HOW YOU CAN HELP RID YOUR COMMUNITY OF
TOXIC RODENTICIDE POISONS
You can start by calling your HOA Property Management company asking them what chemicals if any do they use for rodent eradication.
Attend your HOA meetings speaking up on a Poison Free community
Ask your HOA to form a Rodent Committee that will bring education on eco-friendly rodent control
Contact City of Calabasas Environmental Commissioner's office Tel No 818 224-1600 email firstname.lastname@example.org ,
Cities that have passed Resolutions against rodent poisons and do not use them on city-owned properties including buildings and parks.
City of Irvine 2016. Removed all rodent poisons, insecticides, and herbicides and replaced them with organic choices. See http://www.justirvine.com/tag/city-of-irvine/
Examples of Schools
· Oak Park Unified School District. 6 schools. Adopted a pesticide free policy, June 2016. They removed all bait boxes.
· Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District. Banned anticoagulant rodenticides 2016
· Pepperdine University, Malibu. Saving about $14,940 per year. Also stopped using herbicides and insecticides.
Examples of Homeowner Associations
Westridge Calabasas Homeowners association, Calabasas 110 homes
Rockpointe Homeowners Association, Chatsworth. 739 units.
Liberty Canyon Homeowners Association, Agoura Hills. Saving about $9880 per year.
Dos Vientos Homeowners Association, Newbury Park. Gave up rodenticides the 2nd half of 2015. Now saving about $40,000 per year.
Camarillo Springs Homeowners Association, Camarillo
Meadow Ridge Town Homes, Agoura Hills
Rondell Homeowners Association, Agoura Hills.
Portico Townhomes, Malibu.
Examples of Shopping Centers and Restaurants in Malibu
· Malibu Village (including 4 restaurants)
· Trancas Country Mart (including supermarket and 1 restaurant)
· Zuma Beach Plaza (including food market and 1 restaurant)
· Point Dume Village (including supermarket and 5 restaurants),
· Malibu Country Mart (including 10 restaurants)
Nobu (310) 317-9140),
V’s (310) 456-3828,
Cholada Thai (310) 317-0025